Orly's Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cheese Danish
Made with Blends by Orly Chocolate Chip Challah Mix
Recipe Chocolate Chip Brioche Dough
Extra flour for dusting
Egg-wash- 1 large egg - lightly beaten
8 oz (230 g) cream cheese
1 large egg yolk
3 tbsp (45 g) sugar
2 tsp lemon zest
Recipe Serves 8
1. Pre-Heat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a bowl add cream cheese, sugar and egg yolk, mix until well blended.
3. Sprinkle your counter with some gluten free flour. Using floured hands to divide dough into 8 small balls, 3-4 ounces (84g-113g) in size depending upon how big you want the pastries to be. Dust dough with more flour and shape into a ball. Using a floured rolling pin roll out each dough ball into a ⅛ (3-4 mm) inch thick squares, add flour as needed to keep the dough from sticking to the rolling pin or surface.
4. Place cheese filling in the center of each square, dividing equally between the 8 pastries. Brush the border of the squares with the egg wash. Fold over and pinch together the 2 opposite corners. Place them on a parchment lined baking sheet and brush the tops with the egg wash.
5. Let the cheese danish sit in a warm and moist area for 45 min covered with a warm wet towel to let the dough rise. For letting the dough rise, I like to set my oven to warming mode (about 90-100 degrees F or 40 degrees C) and let the dough proof for about 30 minutes, until it almost doubles in size and becomes soft to the touch.
6. Bake them for about 20 minutes or until golden in color.